Wednesday 2 April 2014

Studio Brief 2 - Spread 4

I started by fitting the text into the initial layout
I came up with in the thumbnails. From this far
out there doesn't seem to be anything particularly
wrong with it, but from closer up, because of the
limited width in the 4 column grid, a lot of rivers
developed in the text. Not only this, but the space
for the quote makes it slightly confusing as to
how you should follow the text. The format of the
quote and text on the right side works a lot better
in my opinion, so this is something I'm going to
address, as well as to fill out the Handglovery
image on the right page to fit the modules more.


As you can see, by the updated spread, by
using a 3 column grid for both arguments
there is more of a sense of continuity within
the spread. The handglovery image also fills
out the modules more vertically, and I think 
this looks better visually. I chose size 14 for
the quotes as that is half way between the
point sizes of the headings and the body copy,
which I think fits the sense of hierarchy I want
to achieve quite well.




No comments:

Post a Comment